The West Coast is a complex, active geological environment that presents many challenges to our built world, such as earthquake hazards, slope failures, and problem soils. We identify geologic hazards and propose solutions that will keep structures safe for you and the public.
Our services include:
- Landslide investigations, mitigation design and implementation
- Assessments and mitigation of earthquake-induced liquefaction, settlement, lateral spread, ground rupture, and landslides
- Geologic hazard evaluations
- Analysis of geologic and LiDAR-derived elevation data in ArcGIS platforms, producing maps useful for recognizing geohazard potential
- Lifeline assessments, including transportation and utility corridors
- Due-diligence property evaluations
Geophysics and Geotechnical Instrumentation
We have the tools to go with our talent. Our instruments facilitate non-destructive investigations, remote sensing, and careful monitoring to gather data that traditional drilling and site monitoring cannot provide, including:
- Differential GPS mapping
- Surface seismic refraction surveys
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Shallow Electrical Resistivity (ER) surveys
- Downhole seismic velocity profiling
- Vibration monitoring for controlled blasting and construction-induced vibrations
- Inclinometers to monitor landslide movement and structural displacements
- Vibrating-wire piezometers for groundwater and/or pore pressure monitoring
- Magnetic settlement systems (i.e. Sondex-type)
- Borehole extensometers
- Data logging and remote communication capabilities
Geologic Evaluations in Support of Mining Services
Our geological services are an integral part of our mining services, offering a wide range of experience in prospective mine identification, reserve evaluations, and mine developments across the United States and internationally.
Click here for more information on our mining services.