GeoDesign provided geotechnical and environmental services for the Oregon University System (OUS)/Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Collaborative Life Sciences Building (CLSB), completed in 2014.
This development allows OHSU to expand incoming class sizes and provide additional space for research. The building offers approximately 165,000 square feet of new programmatic space.
Our services included:
- geotechnical investigation
- construction observation services
- pile testing services for deep foundations and shoring
- environmental pre-construction & construction consulting
- contaminated and hazardous soil management
- Phase II Remedial Design/Action Plan
The building includes a vibration-sensitive laboratory, which required specialized shoring and foundation design to eliminate vibrations from this area of the building.
- Our work contributed to site worker safety and post-construction environmental protection.
- Services ensured the construction schedule would not be impacted.
- Design and construction of a below-grade sheet pile cavity wall isolated the vibration-sensitive laboratory’s foundation from the surrounding soil, mitigating vibration.
- CLSB was named one of the winners of the COTE Top Ten Awards program, 2015.
Geotechnical investigation, environmental consulting, Pile Driver Analyzer (PDA) testing, hazardous soil management, shoring and foundation design, construction observation